Collection and Storage of Your Personal Information
Name, email address, and other contact information: We ask for and—at your option—collect your contact data (such as name and email address) from you when you submit web forms on our Websites, including opportunities to sign up for and agree to receive email communications from us. We also may ask you to submit such Personal Information if you choose to use interactive features of the Websites, including requesting customer support, or otherwise communicating with us. We will send such communications in accordance with applicable law.
- Voluntary information:
We collect Personal Information that Users provide us voluntarily. For example, when they respond to communications from us, or when they share additional information through their use of the Websites.
- Device information:
We collect from our Users specific types of connection details and information with regard to their device, software or hardware that may identify them, such as online identifiers, device unique identifiers (e.g. UDID, MAC address), IP address and geolocation.
- Analytics data:
Our servers automatically record certain information regarding the use of our Websites, using third-party analytics providers such as Google Analytics. Such data may include information such as the website that you were visiting before accessing our Websites and other statistics related to our Websites. We also perform statistical analysis on all of the data and metadata which is collected through our Websites. We use this information to administer the Websites and analyze this information to improve and enhance the Websites by expanding their features and functionality. Such data is also used for troubleshooting errors and bugs as well as for research and analytics purposes about your use of the Websites.
How we Use Personal Information
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Websites;
- Enable you to access and use the Websites;
- Send transactional messages, including responses to your comments, questions, and requests; provide customer service and support; and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Send commercial communications, in accordance with your communication preferences, such as providing you with information about products and services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events about us and our partners; and send other news or information about us and our partners. See more under “Marketing”;
- Comply with legal obligations as well as to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Websites, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize the Websites, including by providing features or content that match your interests and preferences; and
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
With whom do we share the Personal Information we collect?
Specifically, we do not permit our Service Providers to use any Personal Information we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
- With other subsidiaries or affiliate companies;
- With our resellers and other sales partners who may help us distribute the Websites;
- In the event of a merger, sale, change in control, or reorganization of all our part of our business;
- When we are required to disclose Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Where we have a good-faith belief sharing is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required to comply with our legal obligations; or
Why we use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information, such as your full name, email address, etc., ourselves or by using our third-party partners for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our Websites.
At any time, you may request to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving marketing offers by sending us a blank message with the word “remove” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you Websites-related updates and notifications.
- To receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with certain supplementary information.
- To receive Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- To request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control.
- To request erasure of your Personal Information.
- To object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- To request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can file a complaint to the applicable data protection authority.
For how long do we retain the Personal Information that we collect?
How do we safeguard your Personal Information?
However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that by using our Websites, your Personal Information will be transferred through third party infrastructures which are not under our control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Websites are not designated to individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18 you should not use the Websites nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information that is collected from you by us. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 18 shared any Personal Information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor shared any Personal Information with us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our Data Privacy representative at email@example.com.